Sunday, February 18, 2024

WET ROAD

 

 WET

ROAD

   I was driving home, about to cross a bridge, on concrete pavement.  It was raining.  To the right, just off the roadway, mounted on a temporary barricade, was a sign that read, “WET ROAD.”   How are you to react, when driving in the rain, when a sign by the road says that the road is wet?  My first reaction was a slight chuckle.  I had already reacted to the rain by driving a bit slower and allowing a greater gap between my car and the car in front of me.  I was aware that driving in the rain slightly reduces visibility and tire adhesion to the pavement.  Is there anyone driving a car that is not aware of that?  If such a clueless human exists, how would that road hazard sign effect their driving habits?  I would suspect very little.

   The government of Pima County, Arizona not only bought the signs, but they sent out road crews (in the rain) to set them up.  This expense comes out of my county property taxes as does education, public health and public safety.  We build and maintain the roads with those funds.  Someone or some folks decided to spend money to inform the public that the road is wet … when it is raining. 

 

Cheers, Old Buz    02/18/2024

iambloggerbuz.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment