Thursday, May 15, 2014

"Pissing With the Wind"

I am having a hard time getting this week’s blog post written.  I would call it writer’s block, but I don’t honestly think that a blogger is qualified to be referred to as a “writer”.  I only started blogging this year and find it akin to pissing with the wind.  Pissing against the wind creates blow-back.  In my experience, there is no blow-back from blogging.  There are no comments on the blog, intelligent or otherwise.  I do my best to make the subjects relevant, controversial and humorous, in order to not have you doze off while reading them.  I expect comments and thoughtful criticism.  Nothing!  Oh well, friends, relatives, loved ones will give the occasional “you are doing a good job, atta boy Buz”, but a comment on content or an opposing position is not taken.

Pissing in and of itself relieves pressure and that is a good thing.  So, I suspect I will continue with the blog, but I also suspect it produces no more than a good game of computer solitaire.   My daughter actively participates in Facebook.  Her entries to her Facebook program are short and informative or beautiful photos or art work.  She does receive responses to her entries and some come in the form of a complete sentence, but very few.  The responses normally have no more content to them than “Wow” or “Yeah”.  Her communication group is composed of artists, directors, actors in a large metropolitan area.  We have easy, fast high tech communication today, but I question if it is making us better communicators.  The cell phone carries us out in space, away from the vehicle we are operating, away from the family member we are with, or to a position of extreme rudeness to the friend we are sharing a meal with.  John, I know that you are presently patting yourself on the back for saying in your comment, “Congratulations!  You are now officially a curmudgeon.”  But ask yourself if there isn’t  just a little truth in what is said here?  Was the curmudgeon of yore a lunatic howling at the moon or a bellwether of the present and the future?

To be fair to you blog readers out there, Google at blogspot.com, the master of my blog site, has you reach the area for your comments by clicking on “No Comments”.  These words, to me, mean: don’t make a comment or no comments accepted.  The word “No” needs to be omitted.  It is counter intuitive.  When you try to contact Google to ask them to change this design, you find that they would really like to see you imaginary people communicate with each other, but they do not communicate with you.  Google talks to you, but never with you.

So, what is the purpose of this blog post?  Why are we here?  Would the World be a better place without political parties?   What is your awareness?  Does God exist?  Why do folks stand in the sand and shoot at each other?  Are we but lemmings with a cell phone in our hand?  Are Honey Nuts really as healthy as the package side would indicate?


Comments are welcome, Old Buz

No comments:

Post a Comment